top of page
IIMK LIVE invites applications to appoint a Company Secretary Firm on a Retainership Basis.
IIMK LIVE is an independent society set up by IIM Kozhikode, a premier management institute with the support of Department of Science and Technology and acts as a center for business incubation and entrepreneurship development at IIM Kozhikode. IIMK LIVE seeks to establish Business Incubator with a purpose of creating a National Centre of Excellence that promotes innovation, new business venturing and entrepreneurship.
IIMK LIVE is looking for an experienced Company Secretary Firm which is passionate about contributing to the start-up ecosystem and entrepreneurship development by closely working with IIMK LIVE and its startups. The firm selected should report to the General Manager of IIMK LIVE.
Scope of work to be undertake by the firm will be as follows:
IIMK LIVE would identify startups for seed investments and the firm is expected to carry out a detailed due diligence and submit a report to LIVE before the investment is made by the center.
The firm should assist the center in drafting and executing, share subscription and shareholders agreement with the startup.
The firm should draft the term sheets, direct equity, Compulsory Convertible Preference Share agreements, Optionally Convertible Preference Share agreements and Compulsory Convertible Debenture agreement as part of operationalizing different investment programs at the center.
The firm should evaluate and advice IIMK LIVE on the term sheets and shareholders agreement submitted by the startups in which IIMK LIVE has already made investments.
The firm should evaluate and advice IIMK LIVE with regard to exits to be made from startup on a case to case basis.
In the case of direct investments made by IIMK LIVE, the firm should evaluate and advice IIMK LIVE on the corporate filings made by the startup with the Registrar of Companies and other entities
The firm have the opportunity to provide CS services to other startups in the incubation program which shall be charged as per the standard rates.
8 to 10 investments deals to be managed including the due diligence and examining the filings made by the startup at Registrar of Companies and at other agencies.
Evaluating and vetting of the terms sheets and shareholders agreement submitted by IIMK LIVE.
Preparing Compulsorily Convertible Preference Share, Optionally Convertible Preference Share agreements and Debenture agreements.
Evaluating and vetting of the terms sheets and shareholders agreement submitted by the startups in which IIMK LIVE has already invested.
Qualification for the Company Secretary Firm
The firm should be operational for more than 3 years from the Date of Application.
Should have prior experience in drafting investor term sheets and agreements
Should have fair knowledge with regard to filing at Registrar of Companies and other agencies.
Proven experience in managing startup requirements, due diligence and investment deals.
Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Annual Retainership fee of Rs. 75000 to Rs.100000. This will be paid monthly.
Qualified and interested firms may apply ONLINE through IIMK LIVE website www.iimklive.org. The last day to apply is 20th September 2022.
Mere fulfilling of the minimum qualifications and experience prescribed will not make a firm eligible to be called for an interview, only shortlisted firms will be called for an interview.
Decision of the Chairman, IIMK LIVE regarding the selection will be final.
Alive copy: About
To apply for this programme you have to upload a pitch deck with details of proposed venture.
Guidelines for uploading pitch deck are as follows.
1. Pitch Deck should be under 12-15 slides.
2. Deck Should include the following information:
* Describe the target market / problem area being addressed, cite sources as applicable
* Revenue model (charging a fee, advertising, etc.)
* Addressable market size, citing the sources of this information as well as workings, as applicable.
* Show the competitive landscape currently and how you plan to get ahead of the competition.
* Describe the go-to-market strategy, how you plan to reach your target customers (sales, marketing, distribution, etc)].
* Give the current state of the business - idea stage, product development, beta launch, etc.
* Show a projected timeline of key milestones to be achieved in 12 months from launch.
* Give details on the team including responsibilities of each member, prior work experience and how you know each other.
3. Please back up your statements with validated data wherever possible
4. Use visual representations (flow charts, product mock-ups, etc) wherever possible.
Alive copy: CV
Alive copy: Hours of Operation
bottom of page